Health & Safety
Hammerstone Corporation is committed to providing quality aggregate products and services to our customers in the Athabasca region in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for our employees, contractors, stakeholders, and communities. Hammerstone believes that healthy employees working safely in an injury-free workplace is good business.
As such, we will:
- Meet and/or exceed the requirements of relevant federal, provincial, and municipal occupational health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Identify, understand and manage all risks that could compromise the health and safety of workers and contractors, or the environment.
- Strive for continuous improvement of our health and safety programs by setting yearly health and safety objectives, and benchmark ourselves against the best health and safety management practices.
- Ensure each employee, contractor, and third-party service provider understands their health and safety responsibilities and is provided with the required training, supervision, and compliance monitoring.
- Actively promote health and safety leadership, understanding, and personal commitment throughout the organization.
- Have senior management periodically review and update the health and safety policy and update the health and safety management system in light of current and planned future activities.